How do I print from a workstation?
- Send a print job via the usual route: typically File -> Print. "Print Smart BW" will be chosen as your printer.
- Wait for the “Print Job Details” box to pop up.
- Log in with your BSU or guest account username and password and click “Print.”
- Your file will be available for printout at any of the Print Smart printers in the University Libraries, including the Architecture Library and the Science Library.
- At the release station next to the Print Smart printer you choose, either swipe your BSU user ID, or move the mouse to bring up the username/password log in screen.
- Highlight the document(s) you want to print, and click “Print.”
- When you’re done, click “Log Off.” The release station will also log you off within several seconds.
Where are the printers?
You may release your print job at any
Print Smart printer in the libraries.
- Printers 1 – 3 : Reference Area, Bracken 1 West
- Printer 4: Periodical/Reserves, Bracken 1 East
- Printer 5: Reference Area, Bracken 1 West
- Printer 6: Periodical/Reserves, Bracken 1 East
- Printer 7: Education, Music and Media,Bracken Lower Level
- Printer 8: Architecture Library
- Printer 9: Foundational Sciences Library
- Printer 10: Periodical/Reserves, Bracken 1 East
- Printer 11: GIS Research and Map Collection, Bracken 2 East (only accessible from within the GRMC)
- Printer 12: Reference Area, Bracken 1 West
- Printer 14: Architecture Library
- Printer 15: Third Floor, Bracken (near west elevators)
- Printer 16: Health Library
Double-sided printing is the default. How can I print single-sided?
- From the printing dialog box/tab, select the “Print one-sided” option.
How can I print double-sided?
- From the printing dialog box/tab, select the “Print on Both Sides” or “Duplex” option.
How long does my print job stay on the screen on the release station?
- Print jobs on the release station time out after 24 hours.
- Timed-out documents do not count against your print allocation.
- If you still need to print a timed-out document, just resubmit it for printing.
Can I use my own paper in the printers?
- Black and white printers: Only the paper supplied by the Libraries may be used.
- Color printers: You can use your own matte paper in the color printer. Metallic paper is okay, as long as it's not glossy.
- See the Color Printing FAQ page for more information.
Can I charge fees for poster printing to a departmental account?
- Faculty and staff can request a departmental account for large format printing and laminating, and can authorize specific people to use that account. To request a departmental account, begin by logging in to the Plotter and Laminator Service Application page.
Can I get a receipt for printing?
- The Libraries do not provide printing receipts.
Where can I print using 11 x 17 paper?
- You can print both letter (8½ x 11) and ledger (11 x 17) sized paper on the color printers.
- The black and white printers use only letter-sized paper.
Can I still print during Summer Session if I am not registered for Summer Session?
- Only students who are registered for summer classes receive a Summer Session print allocation.
- Students, faculty, and staff may print by adding money to their Cardinal Cash account and using the PrintSmart printers.
- To print using cash, follow the instructions under “How do I print using cash (not a print allocation)?” FAQ on this page.
How can I print using cash?
- Open the “File” menu; select "Print."
- Use the drop-down box to select the color printer near you that accepts cash. The choices are:
- color_print_1west on libprint (from a PC on the Reference desk side of Bracken Library)
- COLOR_PRINT_ARCHLIB (Architecture Library)
- If you want to print in black and white, ask for help at the Reference/information Desk for help with printer settings.
- Click "Print."
- In the pop-up window, click “OK” to send print job.
- Go to the color printer you chose. (Press "Energy Saver" button to wake.)
- Press the “Printer” icon on the printer touch screen.
- From the "Print Jobs" tab, press your User ID, and then your print job.
- Press the “Print” button.
- In the pop-up window, press “Print.”
- Insert 25¢ per page for color, 10¢ per page for back and white (cash or copy card), and your job will print.