What is my print allocation?
Print allocation by category
- Current BSU students
- Current Indiana Academy students enrolled in BSU course(s)
- Current Intensive English Institute students
- Current BSU full-time employees
- Current Indiana Academy students not enrolled in BSU course(s)
- Emeritus employees
- Current faculty of BSU center for Medical Education
- Visiting faculty
- BSU temporary employees
|$10 - visit HelpDesk to set up (BL 101)
||Per daily guest account
- Black and white printouts cost 5 cents per side of a page.
- Color printouts cost 25 cents per side of a page.
- Print balances do not roll over from one academic session to another.
- Summer Sessions 1 and 2 are combined as one academic session.
How do I track my allocation balance?
- Each time you log in to print, your print balance will be displayed in a dollar amount. Note that printing costs 5 cents per side of a page for black and white, and 25 cents for color.
What should I do if I run out of printing funds?
- For BSU faculty, staff, and students with a Cardinal Cash account:
- The print system will ask permission to deduct from your account.
- If you need to add money to your account, follow these detailed instructions on the page entitled How do I add Cardinal Cash for printing to my account? from the Technology HelpDesk Knowledge Base.
- Note that for faculty and staff it may take up to 24 hours for funds to be added to your account.
- The cost per side of a page is 5 cents per side of a page for black and white, and 25 cents for color.
- For guests and BSU personnel without a Cardinal Cash account:
- Send printouts to the color printer/copier and pay in cash or with a copy card in order to print them out.
- The cost is 10 cents per side of a page for black and white (6 cents if using a copy card) or 25 cents per side of a page for color.
When I print during semester breaks, which semester’s allocation is deducted – the one ending or the one upcoming?
- During semester breaks, the allocation for the semester that just finished will be used until the week before the new session.
- The allocation for each academic session typically begins the Monday before the first day of class.
- The Spring 2023 allocation begins Monday, January 2, 2023.
I’m in a Ball State student organization. Can the organization get an allocation?
- The free printing allocation is not available for Ball State campus organizations.
Will I be able to use my print allocation after I graduate?
- Typically, graduating students lose their print allocation at midnight of the last day of classes -- generally the Friday before graduation.
Is color printing part of the print allocation?
- Color printing is included in the print allocation.
- Follow the steps under the Color Printing FAQ "How do I print in color using my print allocation or Cardinal Cash?"
Can I still print during Summer Session if I am not registered for Summer Session?
- Only students who are registered for summer classes receive a Summer Session print allocation.
- Students, faculty, and staff may print by adding money to their Cardinal Cash account and using the PrintSmart printers.
- To print using cash, follow the instructions under “How do I print using cash (not a print allocation)?” FAQ on this page.