Top reasons to join a professional organization:
(1) Learn more about your area of study
(2) Make connections with other scholars in the field
(3) Join subcommittees on special topics
(4) Attend meetings and conferences
(5) Keep up with new publications
(6) Beef up your resume
(7) Advance your career
Founded in 1902, AAA is the world's largest organization of individuals interested in anthropology.
Formed in 1930, AAPA is an international scientific society of physical anthropologists.
Originally called the Organization of Medical Anthropology, this society was formed in 1967 by a group of persons interested in social sciences and medicine. In 1971, the SMA became a section of the AAA.
Founded in 1934, SAA is an international organization dedicated to the research, interpretation, and protection of the archaeological heritage of the Americas.
SLA is a section of the AAA that is dedicated to linguistic anthropology, the comparative study of the ways in which language shapes social life.