Top Research Resources for Master of Urban Design Students
Library Resources for Off Site Users
Research Help from the University Libraries
For help with finding or using research resources, using Interlibrary Loan, or visiting other Academic Libraries of Indiana.
- Email the Architecture Librarian
- Chat with a reference librarian at Bracken Library
- Call the Architecture Library: 765-285-5857.
- Call Bracken Library Reference Desk: 765-285-1101.
- Call Bracken Library Circulation: 765-285-5143.
- Call Interlibrary Loan: 765-285-1323.
Have Books & Articles Delivered to You
University Libraries Interlibrary Loan will deliver books from the Architecture Library or Bracken Library and copies of articles from print journals to your home address. The library will ship the books to you for free, but you are responsible for the expense of shipping the books back to the library or dropping them off on campus.
To have items delivered to you:
- Login to the Interlibrary Loan system.
- If signing up for the first time, be sure to select "Distance Ed Grad" in the Status menu.
If you're already signed up, you can check your status after logging in by going to Change User Information under Tools on the left side of the screen.
- Fill out a New Request for a book or article (see menu on left side of screen).
- If you would like the book shipped to the CAP Indy Center instead of your home address, specifiy this in the Note box.
If you need to recall a book and then have it sent to you via Interlibrary Loan:
Use On Shelf Holds to Pick Up Books at the Library
If you are planning a visit to campus you may want to put a hold on books that are on the shelf so that you can pick them up in the library. To place a hold on a book on the shelf:
- Login to CardCat.
- In the Item Details for a book click on the Hold/Recall Request link.
- The book will be held for you at the Circulation Desk for 7 days.
Use Other Academic Libraries of Indiana
Ball State students may also use other Indiana libraries in ALI, the Academic Libraries of Indiana, such as the IUPUI Library, to check out materials. To use an ALI library:
- Obtain an ALI Borrower's Card from Bracken Library.
- Take your ALI Borrower's Card, your Ball State ID, and a photo ID with current address when you visit participating ALI Libraries.
More information on ALI from the University Libraries.