Materials Talks at Lunch
Bring your lunch and learn about innovative or sustainable materials at the Materials Talks at Lunch! Talks take place in AB 101. Snacks will be provided.
Spring 2014 talks:
- February 19, 2014 at 12:15 p.m. - Lori May, LiveWalls
- March 19, 2014at 12:15 p.m. - Craig Alwine, Indiana Limestone Company
- March 26, 2014 at 12:15 p.m. - Jeff Lucas, PROSOCO - Restoration Treatments
Note: both the March 19 and 26 talks are eligible for CEU credits.
Fall 2013 talks:
- October 23, 2013, at 12:00 p.m. - Matthew Stickler, Smart Vent
- November 6, 2013, at 12:15 p.m. - Solar Decathlon participants from CAP discuss "How to Find Green Building Materials with Little or No Money."
Spring 2013 talks:
- January 16, 2013, at 12:15pm -- Mike Shanley, Forms + Surfaces: Designs for Life
- February 6, 2013, at 12:15pm in the Architecture Building Atrium -- Rachel Kuipers, LiveRoof and LiveWall
- April 10, 2013, 12-1pm in AB 021 -- Tim Myers, Bonnell Aluminum.
Note: the April 10 talk is eligible for CEU credit.
Fall 2012 talks:
- October 17, 2012, at 12:15pm -- Rich Pilston, Concrete Cloth
- November 7, 2012, at 12:15pm -- Carlos Berrones, EcoClean
Spring 2012 talks:
- March 14, 2012, at 12:15pm -- Justin Edwards, Indiana Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- April 18, 2012, at 12:15pm -- Cindy Martin, Aztec/VAST Composite Masonry
Fall 2011 talks:
- September 28, 2011, at 12:15pm -- Austing Hess, Thermafiber, Mineral Wool Insulation
- October 19, 2011, at 12:15pm -- Chris Holmes, PPG Ideascapes, Energy Efficient Glazing
- November 2, 2011, at 12:15pm -- Jeff Pinyot, ECO Parking Lights, ECO Lighting Solutions
Spring 2011 talks:
- March 2, 2011 -- Lonnie Jones, Shaffner Heaney Associates, Solatube Commercial Distributor & Paul Burch, Solatube Corporation
- March 30, 2011 -- Dave Hullett, Environmental Greenscapes, Inc.
- April 6, 2011 -- Melissa Bair, Landscape Structures, Inc. represented by Countryside Play Structures
Fall 2010 talks:
Architecture Building Material Samples Collection
The Architecture Library's Visual Resources Collection is home to the Architecture Building Material Samples collection of innovative or sustainable materials. Stop by the VRC in AB117 to browse through materials in the collection. Items in the collection may be checked out for 4 days.
New Materials in the Collection