Related Subject Guides
Library Links & Services
Course-Specific & Special Resources
A selection of useful websites and databases that offer a reliable foundation for launching research in biology and the life sciences. Some are managed outside of Ball State network.
Nursing can be divided into six main specialty areas:
- Community Health Nursing:
- Care for the whole population through individual, family, and group care.
- Geriatric Nursing:
- Care to elderly adults.
- Maternal-Child Nursing:
- Care of infants, children, and their introduction into their families.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing:
- Care of adults treated pharmacologically or surgically.
- Nursing Diagnosis:
- Concerned with compiling and managing information about potential problems in patient health status.
- Pediatric Nursing:
- Focuses on the care of infants and children.
Nursing materials are located mainly in the Science-Health Science Library but can be found additionally in Bracken in General Collection, Microforms, Bound Periodicals, and Reference.
Consult the School of Nursing for more information on their programs.