1. Click in the box and type the author’s name (last name first).
Example: dickinson emily
2. Choose Begins with.
3. Select Subject from the drop-down menu.
Perform this search
A new screen will appear that lists the author’s name as the main subject heading, followed by a list of specific subdivisions.
This sample was created to highlight useful subdivisions:
1) DICKINSON EMILY 1830-1886 
2) DICKINSON EMILY 1830-1886 BIBLIOGRAPHY 
3) DICKINSON EMILY 1830-1886 CRITICISM AND INTERPRETATION 
4) DICKINSON EMILY 1830-1886 TECHNIQUE 
In this example, click on option #2 for resources that give a list of the author’s works, plus critical writings about the author and her works. For a comprehensive list of critical works, click on option #4.Subject headings for CardCat are found in the Library of Congress Subject Headings books, which can be found in the Reference area of Bracken Library, 1st Floor West.